The Ladies’ Auxiliary is a non-profit organization operated separate from The Royal Canadian Legion… but together they thrive.
The Ladies’ Auxiliary originated during the First World War when women were asked to help wounded Veterans returning home, and to provide supports for their families. When the Royal Canadian Legion was established in 1926, these women were a welcomed addition at Legion Branches as they continued the tradition of volunteering to support needy ex-service personnel, and to enrich the programs and activities of the Branch.
The Ladies’ Auxiliaries are coordinated at the Branch level. Any woman who is eligible for membership in the Legion may choose to become a member of the Ladies Auxiliary only, or a member of both organizations.