The Royal Canadian Legion originated with the formation of the Great War Veterans Association (G.W.V.A) in April 1917 and by 1919 had become the largest organization representing the interests and welfare of returning servicemen and women.
Since its inception, the Legion has focused its efforts on securing adequate pensions and other benefits for veterans and their dependants.
Issued in 1926, the Regina Branch is known as Branch No. 1. It resides at 1820 Cornwall Street and is the first branch of the Royal Canadian Legion to receive a charter.